Al Lambert's Accomplishments As Mayor
Al has nearly 40 years of service to the City of Romulus. His Community service background is:
- Romulus Police Officer for 14 years;
- Romulus School Board Member for 3 years;
- Romulus Councilman for 7 years;
- Romulus Mayor for 12 years, retired in 2013
Just a few of the many accomplishments he and his team were able to implement to improve the quality of life for Romulus residents:
- Al was able to finally see a dream come true, and facilitated, designed, and built a brand-new state of the art athletic facility for Romulus Residents – all without raising taxes!
- SENIOR CENTER
- The old Senior Center was a few square feet in a City Building. I facilitated, designed, and built a brand-new state of the art Senior Center for Romulus Residents, again all without raising taxes!
- Built a new Romulus Animal Shelter - With the help of his friend and councilman Bill Wadsworth
- Sought out and found a business owner who remodeled and opened a full service supermarket in the Downtown area
- OPERATION FRESH LOOK
- Al created Operation Fresh Look as a program designed to demolish old, unsightly and potentially dangerous structures around our City. We were able to demolish hundreds of unsightly buildings, making way for new development/housing.
- PAVED MILES OF ROADS IN THE CITY
- OPEN DOOR POLICY
- Al's door was always open to any Resident or Business to visit
- BALANCED BUDGETS
- During his time as Mayor, Al successfully implemented balanced budgets for 12 consecutive years, even during the difficult financial times of 2009-2010
- FOUGHT FOR OUR COMMUNITY at the County, State and Federal levels.
- HIRED MINORITY & DIVERSE WORKFORCE
- To include qualified Romulus Residents whenever available
- FIRE DEPARTMENT
- Created the first true full-time 24/7 Fire Department in the City, while also doubling the FD manpower, without an increase in taxes